Introducing Orange CineHome: VoD, DVD/Blu-ray rental, and catch-up TV, with unlimited content
Orange Switzerland will be launching the world’s latest Over the Top (OTT) IP connected home entertainment service on January 17, 2011. The TV based product, CineHome, offers an impressive content line-up and flexibile viewing options, for a very afforable monthly fee. For just CHF 14, any Swiss household with a broadband internet connection will gain access to a wide range of local and international hits, including: Hollywood block buster films, TV series, and catch-up programming from both TSR (Swiss French regional TV) and SF (Swiss German TV). Orange customers benefit from a reduced price of just CHF 9 per month.
Set-top box for every broadband Internet connection
The service is accessibile via a set top box that is rented separately and works with any broadband Internet connection of 2 Mbit/s or more. What’s more, you don’t need to be an Orange broadband subscriber to enjoy Orange CineHome. Simply connect the CineHome box to any broadband Internet modem and then link to a TV set (both Scart and HDMI cables are included with the set top box). A broadband Internet connection with a capacity of 2 Mbit/s is enough for standard picture quality. For HD quality (up to 1080 dpi), a 5 Mbit/s connection is the minimum requirement.
Films, TV series and other programmes
The Orange CineHome’s subscription package offers:
- unlimited access to a large catalogue of Warner Brothers films and hit TV series, at no extra cost.
with more than 30 selected films and 90 to 120 episodes of TV series at any one time. Unlimited access is included in the monthly subscription and the series catalogue is updated weekly with numerous new episodes, while the film catalogue is updated on a monthly basis with ten new films each month.
- unlimited on demand access to more than 80 selected programmes from Swiss TV channels SF and Télévision de la Suisse Romande TSR. The range of programmes is updated daily
- access to more than 1,500 films and TV series, on demand, with multi-lingual audio support during viewing, streamed directly to a TV in 5.1 digital audio surround sound, starting at only CHF 1.50 / episode and CHF 3.50 / movie, all at the touch of a button. The range of films and TV series is updated continuously with the latest new releases.
- High Definition (HD) quality films, on demand, starting from only CHF 5- per 48 hour rental.
- access to more than 18,000 DVD and Blu-ray titles that can be easily rented directly from the TV menu with next day delivery by post. The range is updated continuously with the latest new releases.
Sneak Peak at the TV interface