Orange launches its new World Of Entertainment
Orange Communications SA strengthens its market presence as Switzerland’s premier supplier of Entertainment by launching a new website focused on the discovery of content and of its entertainment offerings. Orange’s acquisition and integration of the Citydisc Home Entertainment retail chain is now complimented by a new digital content playground called the World Of Entertainment.
The World Of Entertainment website highlights Orange’s commitment to offering a 360 degree entertainment experience across Retail, Cinema, Online, Mobile, and Events. Some key platforms are still missing from their product offer, but these are already targeted byOrange with new products planned for a Q1 2011 roll-out.
In addition to traditional mobile entertainment services such as caller ring back tones, mobile gaming, and VoD clips, Orange is providing innovative products not common within the Swiss Telecommunications industry. Most have been integrated into the new entertainment site, including:
- Unlimited, subscription-based Gaming accessible online from any PC. This service offers three different subscription packages and over 450 digitally distributed titles, many available within 3 months of retail release, and catalogue games from casual classics, such as Plants vs. Zombies, to action based megahits like Bioshock. The product is exclusively offered by Orange; however, it is a true Over The Top service open to any internet connected consumer. Jeux PC (French) / PC Spiele (German)
- Orange TV: High quality subscription-based mobile and web TV with access to over 50 free and pay TV channels (with complimentary VoD content) under a single subscription – Not only is national and international programming offered, but premium priced bouquets of themed content are also available. Additional PVR functionality is provided, allowing for the recording and playback of content from the customer’s mobile, PC, or tablet
- Orange MusicStore: Full track downloads for PC and Mobile-based consumption. Close to 5m titles are on offer with individual track and full album purchasing capabilities. All content is DRM free and in mp3 format, offering Orange customers maximum flexibility with their music and seamless monthly mobile bill integration
- Orange CineDay: 2 for 1 Cinema tickets every Tuesday. Orange provides its customers with a free Cinema ticket (an $18 value) for every purchase of a full priced ticket
- Orange brings key musicians, bands, and films onto the Swiss entertainment scene with sponsorship of major events such as concerts, shows, and summer music/film festivals…check out the current line-up of Events
The site only soft-launched on December 14, 2010, so Orange is still optimizing the site’s look & feel, performance, and functionality with numerous additions and improvements planned for Q1 2011. Since this is a soft launch, any comments and feedback are welcome so please provide!
Stay tuned for more developments in 2011 as Orange Switzerland continues its expansion into the Entertainment space.